Senior Systems Engineer
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Air Defense Systems department in the Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) Directorate is searching for Integration and Test (I&T) engineers to support Patriot programs. I&T engineers are responsible for various engineering activities, including system test requirements development, planning, execution, and analysis for system integration and verification, in hardware-in-the-loop facilities, flight tests, and sell-off. Activties require the ability to support alternate shifts and/or extended hours and require travel.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Support system level integration and verification, including test planning and execution in the test facilities
- Prepare integration and verification documentation, such as test plans, procedures, test cases, and reports
- Utilize DOORS to capture verification artifacts and maintain traceability to requirements
- Develop automated testing frameworks in support of integration and verification
- Analyze data to identify and resolve system performance issues and complete requirement verification
- Compile, summarize, and present data analysis to internal and external stakeholders, including program leadership and external customers
- Collaborate across engineering functions to drive performance and resolve issues
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Systems Engineering.
- Typically requires five (5) or more years of prior relevant experience, or an advanced degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes system integration and requirements verification for complex military systems, which necessarily includes system operation, test, data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Experience with systems integration and verification strategy, including methods and processes, as well as the development of verification plans, procedures, and reports
- Experience analyzing of large sets of system performance data using data analysis tools (such as MATLAB), for the purpose of completing requirement verification
- Ability to travel to support test events
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with the operations and maintenance of the Patriot system, and Patriot specific data collection and analysis tools
- Experience with developing simulation scenarios to evaluate system performance
- Experience with the integration and test activities at the Patriot Test Facility-Andover, including the Flight Mission Simulator (FMS), Launcher Group Simulator (LGSIM), as well as experience with Patriot Higher Eschelon Unit (HEU) at the test facility
- Experience with programming in MATLAB, C/C++, Python, or other programming language
- Experience with automation as applied to test execution and/or data analysis
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers, and finding technical solutions to complex requirements
- Experience with generating technical documentation in support of requirements integration and verification, including work instructions and process flow diagrams
- Experience with DOORS or a related database for requirements management and linking requirements to test procedures
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating system environment
- Experience with technical mentoring
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.