High School Counselor
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
JOB/POSITION TITLE: Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Counseling
STATUS: 10 month (exempt)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide counseling services (i.e., academic, career, preventive, and guidance) for high school students.
- Provide comprehensive school counseling services.
- Organize and lead large and small group guidance sessions and activities.
- Facilitates discussions and consult with parents, teachers, and administrators regarding special concerns and needs of student.
- Develop guidance units that respond to student needs.
- Coordinate other guidance related services (i.e., testing, advisement, and information sessions).
- Serve as liaison between school, community and other resources to meet the needs of student.
- Make appropriate referrals.
- Administer and interpret achievement and aptitude tests.
- Maintain student records.
- Contribute to building a supportive and caring climate for students and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED OF ALL EMPLOYEES OF HBA: An employee of HBA must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Christ-like Conduct. Imitate the life of Jesus Christ and take on his behavior, mindset, choices, and character, and apply it to everyday life. Exhibit love, humility, compassion, and servanthood, and allow God the opportunity to work in us and to manifest His Glory within us.
- Passion for Our Calling. Respond to God’s passion in our hearts to complete the things He calls us to do. Acknowledge that passion encompasses more than the work, it taps into one’s whole life purpose. Reward of wages and prestige are peripheral to using the God-given gifts and talents to have an effect on the greater good and an impact beyond oneself. Yield passionately to God’s calling to live a life full of joy, satisfaction, and true fulfillment.
- Teamwork. Promotes teamwork through building consensus to develop mutual trust, respect, and commonality of goals. Supports team decisions, collaborates with others to develop team solutions, builds consensus, and resolves conflict.
- Customer Focus. Organizes and prioritizes resources to focus on and exceed customer expectations. Make it “easy to do business with” HBA. Demonstrate understanding, helpfulness, sensitivity, and a concern of the needs and feelings of external and internal customers.
- Effective Communication. Listens carefully to feedback and others’ views and asks clarifying questions to confirm understanding. Clearly states views and opinions. Actively takes responsibility to ensure there is mutual understanding in all viewpoints and communication. Effectively adapts oral and written communication to the needs and interests of the target audience. Openly shares information in a timely manner with others who need that information.
- Results Orientation. Can be counted on to achieve assigned or promised results in a timely manner by utilizing resources effectively. Clarifies expectations and measurements of performance. Seeks guidance or other resources needed. Takes personal ownership for results by holding self and others accountable for results. Shows strong desire and drive for success by identifying and overcoming obstacles. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is persistent in using extra effort to achieve results. Focuses efforts on, and strives to attain, results that are important to the mission of HBA and specific department goals.
- Practical Thinking and Decision-Making. Identifies, defines, and focuses on specific problems or issues. Determines information needs; collects, analyzes, interprets, and develops it for use in making decisions. Makes timely and appropriate decisions driven by the information, the needs of the organization, and the need for innovation and creativity to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Continuous Improvement. Strives to continually improve one’s own job performance and to better the work environment, work quality, results, and how the work is done. Accepts both the need for and positive potential of change in the workplace. Willing to take managed risk to test approaches that may better satisfy a customer’s needs or to meet HBA’s needs and goals. Develops alternative and imaginative solutions and approaches to problems. Actively looks for opportunities to redesign and improve work methods and makes changes to improve operating efficiency and quality of output.
- Supporting and Leading Change. Participates in all aspects of both the organizational and process oriented change cycles to accomplish the goals set for their particular level of responsibility. Identifies, plans for, and leads change needed to support HBA’s mission and values.
- Equipment Use: Ability to use current technology available at the school
- Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (8 hours/day). Some weekday after-hours work and some weekend work (e.g. camps, proctoring tests, and admissions) may be required.
- Mental Demands: High attention to detail; ability to handle stressful demands; ability to multi-task.
- Physical Demands: Sit for extended periods of time, climb stairs, carry light loads.
- Spiritual: Must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life and demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as described in “The Baptist Faith and Message”, the tenets of the Southern Baptist denomination. Must be an active member of a local Southern Baptist church that is affiliated with the Hawaii Baptist Convention or a church of like faith and practice as determined by the Board of Directors of Hawaii Baptist Academy.
- Skills/Knowledge: Must display good communication skills. Must have skills to do individual and group counseling. Knowledge in areas of psychology and parenting skills. Ability to work with a variety of people as a team player.
- Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in education or psychology from an accredited university/college. Masters degree in School Counseling and Guidance preferred.
- Experience: Teaching/counseling experience preferred.
Similar high paying jobs near me in honolulu hi
- high paying jobs near me jobs near me
- high school counselor jobs near me
- Host - High Paying at Romano's Macaroni Grill
- Tier II Helpdesk at SAIC Career Site
- RN Case Manager at UnitedHealth Group
- Hiring Now - Part Time Merchandiser - Honolulu, HI at American Greetings
- Facility Worker at United Public Workers
- Youth Worker at YMCA of Honolulu
- Private Practice Pediatrician (Honolulu, HI - Oahu) (Physician ) at MDstaffers