Social Worker Quality Telecommute in Texas
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Quality Social Worker is responsible to act as a liaison and assists in coordinating resources for the care of health plan members with Social Determinants of Health (SDOH), multiple co-morbidities and/or psychosocial needs. The primary scope is to provide counseling and assistance to patients and their families as requested with SDOH, personal, ethical, and environmental difficulties to enhance quality of life. The Clinical Programs Social Worker acts as an advocate for members and their families linking them to community resources and financial assistance programs for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence. The Clinical Programs Social Worker will interact and collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team, which includes physicians, nurses, case managers, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, healthcare navigators, educators, dietitians and other social workers in the markets to have successful outcomes for the members.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Provide member / patients with internal and external resources, and support to improve Social Determinants of Health, and Quality measures
- Manage telephonic outreach campaign workload, including inbound calls, and calls made via the dialer system
- Coordinates outpatient needs related to community resources, financial assistance programs, and long-term activity of daily living needs outside the benefit criteria of the medical insurance coverage
- Collaborates with market Social Worker and members, PCP and specialists as needed and provides related feedback on planned interventions and outcomes of plan of care
- Identifies and assists with patients with SDOH, high-risk diagnoses and/or patients with multiple co- morbidities who will benefit from social care coordination, contracts, providers, and facilities
- Along with care team, reviews the need for and assists with obtaining DME, home health and other resources necessary for the patient and educates them about their community resources and options and advocating on behalf of the patient
- Takes ownership of the total work process and provides constructive information to minimize problems and increase internal and external customer satisfaction
- Participates in the development of appropriate QI processes, establishing and monitoring indicators. Takes corrective action when data shows a need to modify management strategies or systems
- Attends and contribute to staff meetings
- Adheres to organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Seeks ways to improve job efficiency and makes suggestions to the appropriate manager
- Performs all duties for internal and external customers in a professional and responsible manner
- Assists in the growth and development of self and associates by sharing special knowledge with others
- Attends educational offerings to keep abreast of change and comply with licensing requirements
- Maintains knowledge of the Health Plan Benefits
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
- Graduate of an accredited Master's degree Social Work Program or graduate of an accredited BSW program with an additional 2+ years of experience beyond the required years of experience
- Current unrestricted Texas LMSW or LBSW
- 2+ years solid clinical background with broad range of experience in health care delivery setting (hospital, clinic, physician's office)
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs/applications
- Active / unrestricted licensed masters (TX ) prepared Social Worker or LCSW
- Experience working with geriatric and psychiatric patient populations
- Knowledge of Quality measures, SDOH, managed care, medical terminology, referral process, claims, and ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
- Planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem identification / resolution and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks / demands simultaneously
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.