Crew leader water wastewater
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Salary : $4,342.00 - $5,108.13 Monthly
Location : Prosper, TX
Job Type : Full-Time Regular
Job Number : 2022-00543
Department : Development Services (PW)
Opening Date : 01 / 04 / 2024
The Town of Prosper is currently seeking qualified and dedicated individual
for the position of :
Crew Leader Water & Wastewater.
Hiring Salary Range : $52,099.14 - $61,293.11
Retirement Benefits (TMRS), 2-to-1 Match
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Flex Scheduling Opportunities
Training & Continuing Education Opportunities
Qualifications : Must possess a High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree, preferred. Two (2) years' experience in water / wastewater system maintenance, repair and / or construction.
Must possess a valid Texas Class C Driver's license.
To serve as lead worker over a small crew of maintenance personnel performing work in the construction, maintenance and repair of Town utilities;
to operate a variety of construction and maintenance equipment for the performance of assignments on a regular basis. Positions at this level of responsibility assume the most difficult and responsible type of duties assigned within this series including lead supervision over subordinate staff.
Monitors and operates wells, storage tanks and pump stations. Performs on-call duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from the Water & Wastewater Superintendent.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Receives general supervision from supervisory staff.
- Exercises functional and technical supervision over subordinate staff.
- Serves as crew leader over subordinate personnel; provides functional and technical guidance to subordinate staff; provides training to new employees, supervises work activities.
- Assists in planning job assignments; explains job specifications on job site.
- Ensures that all established safety practices and regulations are observed while work is performed.
- Maintains system and repair problems occurring within the assigned task.
- Operates, maintains and performs minor repairs on a variety of machinery and equipment including backhoe, trencher, skid steer loader, tapping machine, air compressor, and grinder pumps, sewer machine and line locator.
- Repairs leaks and breaks within water and wastewater lines; digs up water and wastewater lines; locates water line leaks and breaks;
refills trenches after repairs have been made to specifications.
- Performs cut-offs of water valves to replace broken valves and performs water or wastewater taps for new service.
- Turns meters on and off for new service; removes old or malfunctioning water meters and sets new meters as required.
- Installs wastewater clean-outs to determine the location of blockage; determines the most advantageous location in the wastewater line to use the wastewater jet to unclog blockage and perform procedures to unclog wastewater lines.
- Troubleshoots and investigates water and wastewater line problems; traces and locates leaks and breaks; excavates water and sewer lines in a manner that will not damage the lines.
- Responds to service calls concerning water and wastewater utilities emergencies or problems on a stand-by basis; works to reduce state of emergency and correct problems;
performs overtime duties as necessary or required in order to maintain proper functioning order as assigned.
- Locates water and sewer lines; performs water and wastewater taps for new service.
- Removes concrete and asphalt to locate water or wastewater line problem areas; repairs broken water and sewer lines; installs new pipe and connectors;
replaces asphalt on concrete.
- Inspects and cleans manholes; constructs and rebuilds manholes; repairs inverts in manhole floors and other problems.
- Performs maintenance on assigned town vehicle; maintains proper fluid levels; reports the need for any major repairs to supervisor.
- Operates the wastewater jet to unclog blockage.
- Installs and repairs fire hydrants and valves.
- Sets and raises or lower water meter boxes; locate water valve leaks.
- Prepares daily work orders and requests for service forms.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Principles of water pressure and utilization of valves in order to control pressure points within town water lines.
- Principles of lead supervision and training.
- Hazards associated with the work and proper safety precautions.
- General construction methods and practices.
- Procedures and practices of fire hydrant repair and replacement or installation.
- Constructing manholes and unclogging sewer lines and maintenance.
- Operation and maintenance of a variety of machinery and equipment utilized in the performance of job assignments.
- Practices and techniques for repairing and maintaining equipment.
- Standard practices and procedures for assigned division.
- Safety regulations and traffic safety procedures.
- Principles of supervision and training.
- Computers and use of related applications, software, including but not limited to email, internet, and intranet..
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Read and understand blue prints and or plans.
- Follow state and local safety procedures and specifications.
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of assigned personnel.
- Supervise skilled maintenance, construction and repair work.
- Use tools and equipment in the maintenance and repair of water and wastewater lines.
- Identify flow patterns within water and wastewater lines.
- Perform installation, service tapping and repair procedures for water and wastewater lines.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Operate a variety of vehicles and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on a variety of tools, machinery and equipment relevant to work assignments.
- Perform the physical requirements of the job
- Perform work in undesirable or hazardous environments including inclement weather, confined spaces and improper illumination.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled construction and maintenance tasks.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
License or Certification :
- Possession of a Class C Water Distribution license or obtain license within first year of employment.
- Possession of a Class II Wastewater Collection license or obtain license within first year of employment.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Vision required includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Regularly exposed to vibration.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places and with explosives.
- Frequently exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation.
- Noise level is from moderate to very loud.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position.
Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Last updated : 2024-01-18