Nurse rn case manager
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Las Vegas or Henderson, NV, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Provide health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Support consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Coordinate services and referrals to health programs
- Prepare individuals for physician visits
- Assess and triage immediate health concerns
- Manage utilization through education
- Identify problems or gaps in care offering opportunity for intervention
- Assist members in sorting through their benefits and making choices
- Take in-bound calls and place out-bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications :
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure
- 3+ years of Clinical RN experience, resulting in excellent clinical skills and critical thinking
- Proven solid inbound and outbound telephonic skills
- Proven intermediate or expert level of proficiency with being able to assess and identify needs and being able to influence and motivate
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet) with the ability to navigate a Windows environment and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Coaching and / or decision support experience
- Managed care experience
- Conflict management skills
- Proven understanding of change and ability to move members along the continuum of change
- Ability to work under pressure and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements.
UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment.
In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function.
UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals.
Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all.
Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best : care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare.
Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care.
OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ( Internal Candidates ) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Nevada Residents Only : The salary / hourly range for Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).
No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere : OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Last updated : 2022-10-19
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry