SIU Property Investigator (Remote Nationwide with AZ, CA, NV, OR & WA preferred)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R29795 SIU Property Investigator (Remote Nationwide with AZ, CA, NV, OR & WA preferred) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$52,300 Annual
Compensation Maximum:$92,100 Annual
The SIU Investigator is responsible for investigating low to moderately complex insurance fraud activity involving multi-line claims, build and maintain meaningful industry social network and assist SIU leadership in promoting fraud awareness and detection with internal and external business partners, agents and customers.
- Evaluates investigation assignments to ensure SIU intervention is warranted.
- Identifies evidentiary leads and utilizes effective and efficient investigative techniques to pursue and acquire relevant evidence that accurately resolves all fraud concerns.
- Produces a work product that can stand the test and scrutiny of the courts/legal system.
- Communicates with internal and external business partners regarding investigations and insurance fraud matters.
- Develops and maintains contact with public agencies and other sources concerning insurance fraud issues and investigations. Acts as a liaison between the company, police and fire officials.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal and external business partners as a subject matter expert that contribute to insurance fraud detection.
- Develops and delivers insurance fraud awareness training to internal and external business partners as a subject matter expert.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Basic experience performing investigations to include developing evidentiary leads, interviewing investigative subjects and witnesses, and performing internet and informational databases research to include extraction and analysis.
- Solid organizational skills to effectively manage assignments and workload.
- Solid communication skills to clearly, concisely and accurately articulate intended message.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Basic experience using MS programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of evidence to include types and The Rules of Evidence.
- Solid experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Extensive analytical skills and problem-solving skills; logical and sequential thinker.
- May be required to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Travel may be required to perform field related investigative activities and attend job related meetings, seminars and training events.
Additional Job Information:
Minimum 3 years experience adjusting insurance property claims
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!