Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Forbes is looking for an experienced editor with a strong SEO knowledge to help edit and assign stories for its growing News Team, and strategically assign around trends and topics particularly important for the Forbes reader. This position requires obsessive interest in the full range of news—business, politics, sports, entertainment, and more—a strong ability to cut through the noise and identify what matters, strong editing skills, and a proven ability to efficiently oversee reporters and a schedule. It also requires an understanding of how to harness SEO to better assign and target key coverage areas.
- Help lead a team of reporters contributing to Forbes’ News Team — both breaking news stories and sharp explainers off of emerging topics and issues.
- Help grow Forbes News audience through SEO: Understanding how to optimize content, but also identifying areas of coverage with greatest interest and potential.
- Identify meaningful trends and topics (not just random viral phenomena) through all available metrics, surface them in concrete ways, and suggest practical ways to pursue them.
- Ability to brainstorm reporting and research strategies on the fly.
- Edit stories with clarity and speed.
- Great headline-writing skills.
- Have a grasp on best SEO practices.
- Collaborate with Social, Video, Photo and Art Departments on promotion and story packaging.
- Make content decisions using a combination of data analytics and instincts.
- Bachelor‘s degree in Journalism or related field
- 5-7 years of editorial experience editing and working in an editorial newsroom, particularly breaking news.
- Strong communication skills that can translate across different departments and several time zones
- Demonstrated excellence in editing industry-leading features and news
- Experience managing reporters and writers
- Strong working knowledge of the third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, ChartBeat, Ahrefs, News Dashboard, SEMRush or NewsWhip
- Experience generating data-informed editorial ideas a plus.
- Ability to balance multiple competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- Familiarity with Slack, Asana, and various project management tools
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Ability to work nights and weekends.