UI/UX Design Internship
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
As a UIUX Design Intern, you will work with Product Management, Engineering, and Business to create intuitive interfaces for our core web product, build great products, and solve customer problems. Candidates should show an impressive background with interface design and thoughtful consideration for user-centered design.
This role is focused on user interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how HireBeat’s product “looks” and “feels”. The core to this role is the creation of the final “pixel-perfect” UI, illustration, and micro animation that ensures a holistic, consistent experience and branding across our products.The ideal candidate will have experience in creating mockups to present to teams, collecting feedback, and creating quality work.
This individual should be comfortable with building sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes to provide to the project manager and execute based on outlined criteria. This candidate should have strong creative and design skills and be familiar with various design platforms. As a plus, you will also have the ability to conduct end-to-end user research and interviews, including planning, recruiting, executing, and reporting on qualitative usability testings, in collaboration with the team. You will talk with our target audience, test features, analyze results, and present your findings that will refine the user experience.
Note: Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- BA or BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field, boot camps, projects, or work experience
- Confident knowledge of design applications like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD
- Communicative and collaborative team-oriented worker
- A portfolio showcasing relating projects
Must be able to:
- Understand technical feasibilities and compromise with Engineering on design decisions while advocating for users
- Own designs end-to-end from Lo-Fi to Hi-Fi and post-release
- Consider edge cases and validations when designing
- Quickly visualize and iterate on designs from business requirements
- Keep up with current design trends and constantly apply them to designs
- Openly accept criticism and apply learnings to improve processes and designs
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with designing UIs with some exposure to UX
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Experience designing and working with SaaS or PaaS
- Experience designing analytics dashboards
- Experience designing for desktop resolutions
- Front-end coding language knowledge like HTML/CSS/JS