Director of Renewable Products
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Join the diverse and dynamic team that powers Michigan's largest energy provider and one of the nation's largest gas and electric combination utilities. Consumers Energy services 6.7 million of Michigan's 10 million residents - caring for our friends and neighbors in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. We embrace a cleaner and leaner utility vision focused on eliminating energy waste and adding renewable energy from sources such as wind and solar.
At Consumers Energy, we offer more than just a place to work. We foster a culture that supports career development, growth, and stability, and we take pride in offering our co-workers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are deliberately creating an inclusive culture that makes our diverse team of co-workers feel valued, supported, and empowered every day. We're a company made up of thousands of people, all with different stories to share and work to do, but we stand united in our company purpose: world class performance delivering hometown service.
The team is responsible for programs that provide new ways for customers to engage with their energy use. These include electric vehicles, renewables, and battery storage. The team is composed of program managers who bring together facets from across the company to run the programs, including marketing, sales, engineering, electric supply, rates and finance.
The Director of Renewable Products will work directly for the Executive Director of Renewables, Transportation, and Storage (RTS). The role is responsible to direct product lifecycle management of a portfolio of renewable products including development of product strategies for each product as part of cohesive category strategy. This role is responsible to manage product portfolio performance to align with corporate goals and execute on product strategies, balancing long-term goals with operational feasibility.
This role is responsible to:
- Oversee development of product strategies and plans for renewable products designed for customers in the Residential and Commercial/Industrial sector
- Manage execution of product plans to deliver product results and achieve sector goals
- Understand product performance and solves gaps
- Co-design customer experiences for products within the category
- Co-manage relationship with solution partners
- Oversee product revisions through product refinement process (for revisions to existing categories)
- Optimize the category portfolio by understanding what products are performing best relative to others and recognizing gaps in portfolio product diversity (i.e. growth rate, %of total available market)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 yrs. applicable experience in Product, program or project management
- Management and leadership experience
- Experience with renewable products and approaches (i.e. solar, wind, renewable natural gas product offerings)
- Experience with financial analysis, business case development and budgeting
- Exposure to marketing methods and customer communication and go-to market plans
- Utility regulatory experience including Public Service Commissions and System Operators (ex: MISO)
- Customer-centric innovation and product development experience
- Experience with strategy development
- Ability to balance strategic planning with plan execution
- Lead team in problem solving
- Oversee week to week product operations including partner management, IT functions and marketing/sales activities
- Oversee development of monthly targets, track performance monthly and weekly and oversee Plan, Do, Check, Act process
- Commission the development of new pilots and oversee the development of those pilots (managed by Product Support team)
- Oversee the evaluation and measurement of product demand and energy impacts
- Oversee Monthly $ budgeting and forecasting
- Involvement in political and regulatory environment (updates to Michigan Public Service Commission Staff, witness in the Company’s regulatory filings, advisor on internal regulatory and policy strategy)
- Set up and effectively manage task forces, steering committees, etc
- Oversee regulatory case development such as rate cases (including collaboration with partners) and track outcomes
- Become involved in industry organizations
- Ensure portfolio is aligned with Customer Experience Organization strategy
- Develop the team and remove barriers
HOURS AND TRAVEL
- Meet travel requirements of the position
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtimePHYSICAL DEMANDS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds. The recommended maximum weight for employees to lift without the aid of other employees or a lifting device is 35 pounds.
Similar program director jobs in jackson mi
- program director jobs jobs near me
- director jobs near me
- Program Manager at The Village Market ATL
- Activities Director at Faith Haven Senior Care Center
- TRIO Student Support Services Program Director at Albion College
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - GAS TRANSMISSION, STORAGE, & COMPRESSION at Consumers Energy
- TRIO Program Coordinator- Part Time at Jackson College
- Junior Program Manager at Honeywell
- Program Controls Manager at Stanley Consultants