Senior Electrical & Systems Engineer
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Eaton’s Electrical Critical Power & Digital Infrastructure Division is currently seeking a Senior Electrical & Systems Engineer to join our team. This is a hybrid office/remote position based at our Raleigh, NC facility. Relocation benefits and sponsorship will be provided within the United States only.
Eaton’s Electrical Critical Power & Digital Infrastructure Division designs, manufactures, and services Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic-based products to ensure power reliability in the most demanding applications. Our employees deliver mission-critical solutions to our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements.
The Senior Electrical & Systems Engineer will develop innovative solutions in our three phase Energy Storage products utilizing Lithium Battery solutions. In this role, you will develop power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems that expand our market leader technology into emerging storage and critical power applications.
In this function you will:
- Lead electrical and system engineering activities for Lithium-ion Battery solutions related to energy storage and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) products.
- Perform system and architectural product design and design reviews.
- Design and develop storage systems for indoor and outdoor applications with data logging and monitoring and using advanced cooling techniques for commercial scale data center batteries and accessories.
- Be a technical leader for new product development projects, responsible for meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals.
- Interface closely with cross-functional team members.
- Be a key member of a world-class organization that creates market leading 3-phase products.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions. Raleigh is an Engineering Hub with roles in: Service, Manufacturing/Assembly, New product Development, and Product Management.
- Work in a modern hybrid collaborative environment. Eaton is committed to fostering a successful work/life balance. We provide flexibility to choose when you work from home and in the office. Learn more: Welcome to The Hub @ Raleigh (eaton.com)
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, paid parental leave.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of two (2) years industry work experience in electrical product development OR Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of one (1) year industry work experience in electrical product development.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts.
- Background in the field of power electronics.
- Knowledge of developing new products utilizing a stage-gate process.
- Systems engineering experience with electrical systems.
- Knowledge of high-power product design considerations.
- Familiarity with UL standards.
Position Success Criteria:
- Cross functional team development experience.
- Experience developing electrical systems.
- Ability to evaluate and design system architectural considerations involving electrical, software, and mechanical cross-disciplinary principles.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good understanding of control of power electronics and/or battery management systems.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with and productize new and unique ideas.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done.
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: [email protected]
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI CPS Critical Power Solutions Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time