Engineering Technician II
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Title: Engineering Technician/ Machinist
Location: Holland, MI 49423
Duration: (12+ months) Contract
(2nd shift role - could either do M-F 2:30pm - 10:30pm or 4-10s M-Th 3pm - 1am, with any OT on Friday)
- Assists with project design, development, installation, problem solving, and documentation of new and/or existing processes, equipment, and tooling.
- Meets established quality and performance standards by applying engineering principles and low cost manufacturing processes.
- Areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes, tool design industrial engineering studies, automation studies, plant layout, safety, and process audits.
- Programs Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) equipment.
- Assists on assigned projects for process and tooling improvements, utilizing engineering principles and experience to document and recommend process improvements.
- Utilizes engineering principles and tools to evaluate alternative tooling, manufacturing processes, or equipment, ensuring least possible product cost.
- Assures all new and/or existing processes comply with corporate policy in areas of health, safety, and environmental assurance to meet applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
- Develops process concepts for new and existing products, completes development of process methods and labor standards, completes process qualification requirements, and provides requests for production to ensure quality support.
- Completes all paperwork, submits parts and reports, and enters data for routings and process documentation into Advanced Manufacturing Accounting Production System (AMAPS) from approved worksheets for work center data to ensure project has been successfully documented.
- Recommends initial selection of process methods and tooling, establishes variation of existing designs and processes, and provides detailed action plans to ensure least possible manufacturing costs.
- Participates in feasibility studies, utilizing personal computer (PC)-based spreadsheet application for analysis; presents recommendations for improvements; and provides time estimates for projects to meet time requirements.
- Utilizes statistical techniques, tolerance analysis, process potential studies, and other engineering techniques to assure new tooling and equipment meet specifications before quality acceptance.
- Completes studies of methods, labor standards, and routings for all manufacturing process to complete all necessary worksheets and process documentation.
- Contacts and frequently travels to suppliers or manufacturing groups to obtain information related to fabrication of prototypes, application of materials and processes, and selection of processing tooling to review progress.
- Prepares and analyzes engineering documentation, including Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Bills of Materials (BOMs), Parts lists, Engineering Specification, and other supporting forms to ensure specifications are met.
- Maintains up-to-date, state-of-the art knowledge in areas of manufacturing engineering methods and process. Creates, modifies, and maintains Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) equipment, files, and documentation.
- Must have great communication skills, be a self-starter, problem solver, CNC knowledge, lock out/Tag out protocols, audits, and Excel.
- Programming experience would be ideal, but it is not required.
- Working familiarity with CAD, PC design, and/or CNC programming.
- Work as 1st line of defense when there is an issue - would be doing a lot of troubleshooting assistance and would also work with maintenance or engineering to resolve any issues.
- Day-to-day: Supporting areas in production, would participate in daily meetings, work on down machines, maintain safety and quality procedures, different projects as they come up, assisting in programming, working on scanners and on computers equipment, ordering tools.
- Part of job would also be data analysis, how machine operates, how person operates machine, and how they can make improvements.
- 5+ years of experience - running machines, doing data analyst.
Similar it specialist jobs in holland mi
- it specialist jobs jobs near me
- engineering technician ii jobs near me
- Remote IT Help Desk Specialist at Worksighted
- Technical Support Specialist at Kforce Technology Staffing
- IT Specialist - Systems Administrator at Motus Integrated Technologies
- IT Support Specialist at Coastal Automotive
- IT Professional at Maxonic, Inc.
- IT Sr. Security Specialist at LG Energy Solution Michigan, Inc.
- Desktop Support Technician at Barcodes, Inc.