Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
As a Lead Preschool Pathways Teacher at Primrose School of Wilmington located at 1401 S 16th St, Wilmington, NC 28401, you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teachers to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in our before and after school program, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning.
We are interested particularly interested in three year old teacher, although we are open to teachers of all age groups, as we move toward opening a second school.
The Primrose School of Wilmington is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience.
We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age. Primary Responsibilities :
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Wilmington and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and / or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Wilmington Employee Handbook.
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience :
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Two-year degree in early childhood or related field preferred.
- Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child Development-related field, and / or CDA
- Knowledgeable in elementary-aged curriculum with emphasis on literacy, mathematics and science
- Experience in transporting children from schools to center is preferred.
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school.
Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers.
Positions and position titles vary by school.
Last updated : 2022-08-23