Lead Corporate Program Manager
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
The Lead Corporate Program Manager is responsible, on behalf of the Executive Sponsor or Business Sponsor, for the successful delivery of new capabilities via the successful management and delivery of cross functional, large scale, and complex programs intended to either reduce organizational risk or maximize strategic opportunities. These programs are frequently multi-year, with the highest complexity, risk and/or cost to the organization. Implementation involves multiple business areas, IT, and external constituents including partners, vendors, and/or government agencies. This position works under the direction of the Director, Corporate Program Management Office (CPMO).
The Lead Corporate Program Manager supports and advocates project management principles and methodologies within the organization, both on individual programs and through direct and indirect support for the program portfolio through effective planning, coordinating, tracking, and delivery of projects related to the organization's strategic goals. Working with different constituents and stakeholders across business and technology to ensure the overall integrity, coherence and ultimate success of the program, the Lead Corporate Program Manager must build and maintain strong partnerships across many areas within the organization.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES - what you will be doing:
- Manages all phases of the program management lifecycle. Responsible for implementing the tools and methodologies our delivery teams use to manage programs including scope, schedules, risks, issues, and resource tracking for both Agile and waterfall programs. Evaluate the cost and feasibility of multiple options/alternatives to resolve program issues and make recommendations on those issues that best meet both program and corporate objectives.
- Program budgeting and financial management required to deliver within allocated funding.
- Management/oversight of project/program managers and cross-functional programs, processes, and workflows within Point32Health that support and service the programs and key initiatives.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented management of program operations and integration issues, requiring the ability to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business to better meet the needs of the internal department and external stakeholders.
Team and Stakeholder Management:
- Organize teams across business and technology; develop relationships and communicate with all levels from individual contributors to executive leadership, facilitate and mediate between people and teams. Must navigate political issues using advanced organizational knowledge, with the ability to influence owners, sponsors, steering committees, and other appropriate senior management.
- Able to effectively manage difficult group dynamics to effectively reach a positive outcome, often by leveraging highly developed verbal and written skills, ability to facilitate planning and review sessions with senior management, highest level presentation skills.
- Able to coach/mentor less experienced project managers and effectively lead in a matrixed environment
Strategic Analysis/Risk Mitigation:
- Incorporating the corporate strategic direction, able to define impact of tasks/events on not only business and IT, but the organization as a whole. This may be demonstrated by proactively identifying conflict/integration issues, and leading team members to parse/synthesize issues of the highest complexity; able to identify risk out of the larger picture and plan accordingly; able to identify and make decisions that serve the best interests of the organization. Remove obstacles by anticipating the challenges ahead and prepare to take them on, set a course and overcome them.
QUALIFICATIONS - what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree with a Master's degree preferred
- PMP and Agile eligible/certified preferred
EXPERIENCE (minimum years required):
- 10 or more year's business or industry experience. 8 + years of program management experience, including leading the most cross -functional high-level initiatives.
- Significant business process and project management experience related to the implementation of healthcare insurance business applications and products using industry-standard project and program management tools and techniques with established track record and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix-management, hands-on environment that demands a consultative approach and solutions that span multiple environments in a business area.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills required, including the ability to effectively manage difficult group dynamics to effectively reach a positive outcome; very strong situation leadership skills.
- Excellent human resource management skills, ability to oversee team of project managers as part of the overall program
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with and influence internal and external constituents at all levels with confidence.
- Highest level presentation skills including ability to interface and sell new programs and changes to existing programs to a broad range of internal and external contacts, as necessary. Ability to interact with confidence with both external stakeholders and Point32Health senior management.
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and advocacy skills, ability to lead others both internally and externally to ensure the success of the program.
- Ability to navigate political issues using advanced organizational (Point32Health) knowledge.
- Must be flexible and a proponent/champion of change, able to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business.
- Must be an accomplished multi-disciplinary team-leader and team-builder with hands-on style. Ability to lead teams whose members have diverse professional and educational backgrounds, and to effectively manage difficult group dynamics to effectively reach a positive outcome.
- Ability to balance strong leadership on day-to-day program management and significant issues while also aligning with program director's broader needs and vision for the program.
- Ability to present technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Requires the ability to maintain effective and productive peer relationships. Must have the ability to motivate fellow employees by fostering team spirit, an attitude of cooperation, and a commitment to the organization. Requires well-developed interpersonal skills to act in the capacity of liaison to the user community.
- Possess strong influencing and situational leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate both direct and non-direct reports. Must have a demonstrated ability to obtain the confidence and trust of non-reports, resulting in high commitment and cooperation.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
At Point32Health, we're working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even better.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.Req ID: R4487
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look