Lead Investigator (FT Remote or Hybrid)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Lead Investigator, Target Investigations
Date: September 2022
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target's business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target's business models and operations, we help facilitate Target's growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role with the Target Investigations means a chance to positively impact Target via investigation and resolution of employee relations as well as ethical and corporate policy concerns. You will build productive partnerships with Stores, Human Resources, Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Assets Protection, field leadership, employee relations attorneys, paralegals and others to investigate and provide thorough, thoughtful and timely issue resolution.
As a Lead Investigator you will:
- Investigate complex and high risk workplace allegations that pose a significant business, culture or reputational impact to Target; ensure all steps of the investigative process are completed thoroughly and timely, and that the appropriate documentation and follow through occurs on all concerns
- Establish effective working relationships with HR, Compliance, Store Operations, and paralegal and attorney partners on all legal components and findings related to an investigation
- Develop investigation plans, provide strategic insight and communicate findings to senior leaders; prepare defensable and comprehensive investigative reports and present findings and non-legal advice or recommendations to partners at all levels in the organization
- Continuously evaluate investigative processes and partner with leadership to identify opportunities for efficiency, scale and improvement; lead and participate in company and department initiatives to support timely, thorough and trustworthy investigations
- Analyze metrics and data, while recognize trends pertaining to Target culture, leadership behaviors, enterprise risks, and control gaps and establish a cadence to share insights with the broader Target Investigations Team, Compliance, Internal Audit, and other relevant partners.
- Consistently demonstrate behaviors aligned to Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection, and Drive
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Compliance, Finance, Audit, or Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience within Human Resources, Employee Relations, Legal Affairs, Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance or other relevant business function
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively across departments and externally
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities, and distill complex issues into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create transparency and confidence and influence across all levels of Target Team Members
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to ambiguous, changing or competing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining appropriate prioritization and ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Ability to effectively learn and operate in corporate-wide data bases, gather and analyze information from various systems, and interpret the value of that information as it relates to investigative solutions
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience in conducting global investigations in a retail environment is desired
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $85,400 to $153,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.