Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Job Description & SummaryA career in Operations and Solutions, within Operations Consulting, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
You'll be a part of a team that helps clients build capabilities required to achieve operational solutions across their entire value chain by designing and executing broad based programmes that drive sustainable improvements. You'll focus on global operating model design, operations performance improvement strategy, enterprise-wide process improvement, operations excellence capability development, and Lean/Six Sigma talent and performance management.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Commodities and Operations team resides within the Operations Transformation team. Specifically this team advises clients on the overall management and performance of their business, with a focus in physical and financial commodity trading and marketing, operating assets, and managing operational, compliance, and market risks in the physical and related derivative markets.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Economics, Economics and Finance & Technology, Banking and Finance, Finance & Investment Analysis, Finance & Technology
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in leading or facilitating project management or client consultations in the areas of energy/commodities trading and risk management, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Possessing knowledge with Physical Commodities (Oil, Fuels, NGLs, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Metals, Agriculture, Power, Freight, and other bulk commodities);
- Possessing knowledge with Risk strategy and policies;
- Possessing knowledge with Compliance requirements;
- Possessing knowledge with organizational and process design for Front, Middle, and Back Office operations; and,
- Possessing knowledge with Energy/Commodities Trading and Risk Management systems (including, but not limited to, OpenLink Endur & RightAngle, Allegro, SAP, eka, FIS, TriplePoint, Brady, Amphora).
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in implementing process improvement solutions and trading and risk management systems, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Demonstrating proven experience in managing large projects focused on commodity management and operations, including functional experience in physical and financial commodity operations;
- Supporting both functional and technical CTRM / ETRM projects focusing on process improvement, assessments and implementation of solutions such as Allegro, RightAngle, Endur, SAP and other similar tools;
- Identifying and addressing client needs
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of firm services;
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
- Performing as a team leader by creating a positive environment and monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues;
- Conducting business analysis, including functional and/or technical design;
- Leveraging PC applications including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes, where applicable; and,
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
Travel RequirementsUp to 60%
Job Posting End DateAt PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
- Location: US-Remote; IN-Indianapolis; NC-Raleigh; CA-Irvine; NC-Charlotte; IL-Chicago; FL-Jacksonville; OH-Cincinnati; OH-Cleveland; OH-Columbus; MO-Kansas City; TX-Dallas; MD-Baltimore; KY-Louisville; NY-Rochester; CA-Sacramento; MA-Boston; AL-Birmingham; UT-Salt Lake City; TX-San Antonio; CA-San Francisco; CA-San Jose; WA-Seattle; NY-Albany; CT-Stamford; FL-Tampa; GA-Atlanta; OK-Tulsa; TX-Austin; DC-Washington; NY-Melville; WI-Milwaukee; CO-Denver; MN-Minneapolis; IA-Des Moines; MI-Detroit; TN-Nashville; NY-Buffalo; LA-New Orleans; NY-New York; OK-Oklahoma City; TX-Fort Worth; NC-Greensboro; FL-Hallandale Beach/Miami; PA-Harrisburg; AZ-Phoenix; CT-Hartford; PA-Pittsburgh; OR-Portland
- Type: Full time