Housecalls Telephonic RN
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This Full-time position will require 40 hours per week. Schedule is Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm (in your time zone) with 2 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- This is high volume, customer service environment so you will need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone
- Sound computer and software navigation skills are critical
- You should also be patient-focused and adaptable to changes
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Residence
- Active: Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC)
- 3+ years RN experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
- Experience with Microsoft Office program
- Bachelor's degree (BSN)
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review, or risk management
- Experience working with the geriatric population
- Experience in a telephonic role
- Case Management experience
- Background in managed care
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and Health Plan benefit structures
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Must have home broadband internet with the appropriate download speed of 20 Mbps and upload speed of at least 1 Mbps to be able to function from home
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Able to implement critical thinking and decision-making skills to identify appropriate care/treatment plans for a wide range of members from low to high complexity
- Ability to take initiative and be detail orientated
- Professional communication skills written and verbal
- Great work organization and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Solid telephone communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.