Assistant Wellness Director/LPN
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Assistant Resident Care Director - LPN
Job ID: 2022-12543
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Resident Care
Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville
Commonwealth Senior Living is currently seeking a sincere and compassionate LPN/RN for our Assistant Resident Care Director (ARCD) role. The ARCD cares for our residents in a number of ways in our communities, under the direction of the Resident Care Director. The main objective of this position is to administer and document medication and treatments per the physician's order and accurately record all care provided to the residents. The successful candidate will also provide direct nursing care and clinical supervision of nursing assistants working with residents. He or she will play a critical role in scheduling the team! Team members must possess a big heart and a spirit to serve while monitoring the residents' comfort and responding to their physical and emotional needs.
The Assistant Resident Care Director can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities and a long-term career in the senior living industry. Team members can pursue a higher nursing degree and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into the Resident Care Director role is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors that were ARCDs earlier in their careers!
He or She is a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members always exemplify the core values of the company:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It's Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k available to all Commonwealth Senior Living associates
- Tuition Reimbursement and Grant
- Employee Assistance Fund
- Ability to grow your career/advance your career
- Administer and document medication and treatments per the physician's order and accurately record all care provided to the residents.
- Provide direct nursing care and provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants working with residents.
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routine activities of resident's care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
- Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs, weighing residents, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
- Takes the lead on staff scheduling, manages requests for time off, tracks overtime and staffing requirements based on community needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of state-approved school of practical nursing.
- Holds a current license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or has ability to present proof of application for licensure in Virginia.
- At least one year of successful nursing experience.
- Work experience should include administration of medication and experience in either geriatric, psychiatric or rehabilitation nursing.
- Demonstrates exceptional nursing and leadership skills.
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end.
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success.
- Confident to speak up.
- Great listener.
- Takes ownership and adds value - seeks to improve something every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Previous work with seniors would be fantastic!
- Acceptable Driving record.
Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a four consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
Assistant Director of Wellness, Assistant Director of Nursing, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Assistant Resident Care Director
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look