Quality Medical Assistant - Denton, Texas
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
**$1,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates**
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Quality Medical Assistant will partner with the WellMed/USMD Clinic Operations Team in various quality driven projects and endeavors; and act as an extension of the Clinic Operations team to help WellMed/USMD achieve quality driven goals. Participates in planning, providing, and evaluating patient care at the appropriate skill level. They have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant. The Quality Medical Assistant works under the direction of the Clinic Administrator and in coordination with the WellMed/USMD Clinic Operations Team to outreach to patients whose clinical measures that need to be addressed. This individual will partner with WellMed/USMD outpatient physician offices to help achieve benchmarks for patient care and maintain/improve quality of care delivery across multiple payers and patient populations.
- Partner with WellMed/USMD physicians to assist patients in completing health screens and preventive care measures that are not yet completed
- Outreach to external physician offices to obtain copies of consult notes and reports for patients who had preventive healthcare screens and clinical measures completed at outside facilities
- Successfully update preventive health screens and clinical measures in the EMR that have been determined as completed
- Communicate regularly with interdisciplinary team members to coordinate/update a patient’s care
- Maintain accurate tracking log of patients who have been outreached and status of their preventive health screens and clinical measures
- Participate in various quality driven initiatives within WellMed/USMD and collaborate together to achieve high level patient outcomes
- Submit data to external agencies as directed by manager
- Explain the importance of preventive health screens and clinical measures to patients and Families
- Performs all duties at the expert level within the scope of a Medical Assistant’s scope of practice. Operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), obtains cultures, administers non intravenous medication performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs. Performs quality control checks on equipment. Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave. Fosters accountability for clinical practice and patient goals
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner. Identifies when others’ documentation is incorrect and alerts clinic leadership. Assists other MA’s with documentation questions
- Coordinates patient care as directed by provider, and policies/procedures
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times. Ensures others are also respecting patient confidentiality
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments. Anticipates provider’s needs prior to patient encounter. Assists when new supplies are needed. Enforces medication policy
- Creates and maintains an environment that supports infection prevention
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Rotate clinic to clinic within WellMed/USMD clinic locations as needed
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 4+ years as a certified MA or a combination of 6+ years of certified and non-certified medical assistant experience (with 2+ years of certified)
- Current BLS certification
- Proven ability to mentor others
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Proven mastered ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Demonstrated ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Will assume a leadership role until higher levels of care arrive on scene
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven excellent communication and customer service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of working with Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
- Expert in computer literacy in electronic health record
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.